Follow Us On: Prepare for Australia on Facebook Prepare for Australia on Twitter
Share this page:

General Skilled Migration

SkillSelect-general-skilled-migrationIf your goal is to work in Australia, this is the program for you. General Skilled Migration falls into the SkillSelect program, which matches the economic needs of the country with people who want to work here. The program has a big focus on helping regional Australia fill skills shortages. Explore the different visa options below to see which one best suits your needs.

Who can apply?

To be considered for the SkillSelect program, you must have an occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists and you must receive an invitation letter through an Expression of Interest (EOI)

  • Skilled – Independent


    The visa for skilled migrants who are not being sponsored by an employer or state/territory. Learn more

  • Skilled – Nominated


    This visa is for skilled workers who have been nominated by a state or territory government. Learn more

  • Temporary Work (Skilled) 457


    The 457 visa allows skilled workers to work in a nominated occupation for an approved sponsor business for up to 4 years. Learn more

  • Nominated or Sponsored


    For skilled migrants who are being nominated by a government, or sponsored by family, this is the visa for you. Learn more