Follow Us On: Prepare for Australia on Facebook Prepare for Australia on Twitter
Share this page:

Work Visas

work-visaThrough the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection, you can apply for a variety of visas which entitle you to work in Australia. These include the SkillSelect program, Working Holiday, and 457 visas. The visa you select will depend on many things including whether or not you are being sponsored by an employer, and the length of time you will be in the country. You can apply for a visa with or without the help of a migration agent.

  • Working Holiday


    The Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa gives young people the chance to travel and work for a year. Learn more

  • General Skilled Migration


    If your goal is to find employment in Australia, the SkillSelect program will find the right visa for your goals. Learn more

  • Proof of English

    Proof English Competency

    To qualify for an Australian visa, there are various ways to provide evidence of your proficiency in English. Learn more

  • Skilled Graduate Visa

    Temporary Graduate Visa 485

    The Temporary Skilled Graduate visa allows you to work in Australia for 18 months to 4 years, depending on your studies. Learn more