Follow Us On:

Close this search box.

Skilled Occupation Lists

In order to apply for the SkillSelect program, you must have the profession/job that is in demand in the Australian economy.

The Skilled Occupation Lists tell you the occupations that are accepted for permanent or temporary skilled migration into the country.

The occupations in the lists can change as demand changes, so keep up-to-date by checking the lists regularly.

There are two lists. The one you refer to depends on your visa subclas.

Skilled Occupation List

Also know as the SOL, this list is for the following:

  • Independent skilled migration (not being nominated by a State or Territory government)

  • family sponsored applications

  • temporary graduates (subclass 485) in the graduate work stream.


Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List

Also known as the CSOL, this list is for th following:

  • Skilled Migrants being nominated by a State or Territory government under a State Migration Plan.

  • Skilled Migrants applying through the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), who are being nominated by an Australian employer.

  • Temporary Business Long Stay (subclass 457)

  • Occupational Trainee (subclass 442)

  • Research and Training Visa (subclass 402)

  • Occupational Trainee (subclass 442)

Visit this page for the up-to-date lists.